At least 16 people were injured on Saturday after a heavy explosion rocked the Baghlan province of Afghanistan, Khaama Press reported.
The explosion, occurred in Pole-Khomri city of Baghlan province in northern Afghanistan, according to the report.
The injured were sent to a local hospital for treatment. Taliban have not commented on the blast yet, and no individual or group has claimed responsibility, according to the Afghan publication.
Further details are awaited.
Similar incidents have occurred around the country, for which ISIS has previously claimed responsibility.
After the Taliban assumed control of the country in August 2021, Afghanistan witnessed a rise in terrorist attacks.
Despite the de-facto regime’s assurances that the country is secure, the Taliban continues to face security issues.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- US Government Hours From Shutdown, Funding Chaos
- What Happens If US Government Enters A Shutdown
- UFOs: How NASA Plans To Get To The Bottom Of Unexplained Sightings
- Indian Diplomat Stopped From Entering UK Gurdwara By Khalistani Extremists
- For The First Time in 50 Years, US Won’t Have Any Panda. Here’s Why