A separatist Armenian human rights official in the breakaway region of Nagorno-Karabakh said 25 people had been killed there on Tuesday as a result of an Azerbaijani military offensive.
Two of the dead were civilians, Gegham Stepanyan said in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter. Stepanyan added later that 138 people, including 29 civilians, had been wounded. Reuters could not verify his information.
Azerbaijan sent troops into Armenian-controlled Karabakh, internationally recognised as part of its own territory, earlier on Tuesday in an attempt to bring the region to heel by force, raising the threat of a new war with neighbour Armenia.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- “Shouldn’t Be Believing People Can Be Any Sex They Want”: Rishi Sunak
- X’s Ad Revenue In US Fell Every Month Since Elon Musk’s Takeover: Report
- China Seeks To Control Pak Media To “Combat Disinformation”: Report
- “The Donald Trump Show Is Over”: New York Attorney General Hits Back
- Nawaz Sharif’s Return To Pakistan Not Driven By Revenge: Shehbaz Sharif