Twenty-nine premature babies arrived in Egypt on Monday, Egyptian media said, after they were evacuated from Gaza’s largest hospital which has become a focal point of Israel’s war with Hamas.
The infants were evacuated Sunday from the Al-Shifa hospital, which the World Health Organization has described as a “death zone” as Israel seeks to uncover what it says are Hamas bases in tunnels underneath the facility.
An initial 31 babies were reported evacuated from Al-Shifa to another Gaza clinic and it was not immediately clear why only 29 arrived in Egypt.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- US Senators Urge Biden To Impose China Travel Ban Amid Mystery Illness
- South Korea Launches 1st Military Spy Satellite Amid North Korea Threats
- Humanitarian Pause Ended Because Of Hamas, Says Blinken
- 3 Killed In Lebanon As Israel And Hezbollah Resume Fighting
- Israel Army Says 5 Gaza Hostage Deaths Confirmed