France’s ambassador in Niger is being held hostage at the French embassy by the military junta which has seized power in the West African nation, President Emmanuel Macron said on Friday.
“As we speak, we have an ambassador and diplomatic members who are being literally held hostage at the French embassy, and food is prevented from being delivered. They’re eating military rations,” President Macron told reporters during a visit to Burgundy.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- Hunter Biden To Plead Not Guilty To Gun Charges
- Lightning Strike Hits UK Biogas Plant, Sends A Huge Fireball Into Sky
- Iraqi-Born Taxi Bomber Angry Over Asylum Rejection, Say UK Police
- US Republican Launches Bid To Oust House Speaker Kevin McCarthy
- 50-Year-Old Woman, Daughter Murdered In Pakistan’s Lahore: Cops