In a significant measure to further improve functioning at railway stations Ministry of Railways, has decided to post Station Directors at all A-1 Category railway stations numbering 75. The deployment of Station Director will be done in phases to begin with Station Directors have been posted at 12 such stations namely (1) Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) Mumbai (2) Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (LTT) Mumbai (3) Mumbai Central (4) Delhi (5) New Delhi (6) Secunderabad (7) Chennai Central (8) Bengaluru City (9) Howrah (10) Sealdah (11) Ahmedabad and (12) Jaipur. The remaining 63 AI Category railway station will be manned with Station Directors by the end of this year.
Station Directors will ensure that the stations function as excellence centers for the customers with the additional objective to ensure vigilant and sensitive customer service and also superior commercial sense. The functions of the Station Directors and their teams will be as follows : –
· Prompt, courteous and hassle-free service to customers.
· Proper cleanliness and hygiene at the station and stationary trains
· Efficient working of booking and reservation office
· Punctuality of trains t the station, timely placement and withdrawal of rakes at platforms of the station
· Proper functioning, upkeep/repairs of all passenger amenities at the station.
· Upkeep of passenger enquiry system, display board etc.
· Ensuring efficient, transparent and customer oriented working of Parcel Office
· Monitoring the service of catering/vending stall at the station
· Prompt grievance redressal
· Security of passengers
· Any other items identified for making station an excellent center for customer
The Station Directors shall be supported by cross functional team in suitable manner to undertake these functions effectively. Station Directors shall also be associated in the decision making process related to proposals and execution of ‘traffic facility’ and passenger amenities’ works at that particular stations. They will also be actively involved in the process of raising revenue from ‘non fare box’ like commercial advertisement, etc. at that station. For all this, the Station Directors will seek the assistance of officers/superiors of the respective Departments, as the case may be.
The post of Station Directors will be manned by officers belonging to the Traffic (both Commercial & Operations) Department.