Colombian superstar Shakira has reached a deal with prosecutors to end her trial for allegedly defrauding the Spanish state of 14.5 million euros ($15.7 million) on income earned between 2012 and 2014, a Barcelona court said Monday.
Under the deal, the 46-year-old agreed to receive a three-year suspended sentence in exchange for paying millions of euros in fines, the head of the court said on what would have been the first day of her trial.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- South Korea Launches 1st Military Spy Satellite Amid North Korea Threats
- Humanitarian Pause Ended Because Of Hamas, Says Blinken
- 3 Killed In Lebanon As Israel And Hezbollah Resume Fighting
- Israel Army Says 5 Gaza Hostage Deaths Confirmed
- Russia Says Army Progressing In All Areas Of Ukraine Front As War Rages